OMV has received numerous awards in recognition of its sustainability efforts.
- Excellence Award of the Shared Services & Outsourcing Network: On May 14, 2018, OMV’s shared service center (Global Solutions Bucharest) wins “Excellence in Culture Creation Award" for the 20for2020 Innovation Program and "Best Process Improvement and Innovation Award" for innovative solutions and services through the project "Internet of Things Technologies for Digital Oilfield".
SSON, the Shared Services & Outsourcing Network has 120,000 global members from 38 countries and 31 industries, recognizing and connecting service centers that offer best practice solutions.
Excellence Award of the Shared Services & Outsourcing Network
- Romanian CSR Awards: On March 29th, 2018, OMV Petrom won the Award for Excellence for 10 years of CSR in Romania and 1st place at the category Education with the Vocational Romania project. The latter category rewards programs for education with relevant impact.
Romanian CSR Awards
- Business Review Awards: On March 5th, 2018 OMV Petrom won at the Business Review Awards in the category "Best Community Development Initiative" for the Vocational Summer Camp from Andrei's Country. This category rewards community development programs with high social impact.
- Energynomics Awards: In December 2017, OMV Petrom won at the Energynomics Awards in the category “Best Corporate Citizen” for the program Romania Meseriasa for supporting vocational education in Romania. Energynomics Awards are dedicated for CSR and business projects from energy industry in Romania.
- Romanian PR Awards: In November 2017, OMV Petrom won gold at the Romanian PR Awards in the category “Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Dialogue” for the program Romania Meseriasa for supporting vocational education in Romania. Romanian PR Awards recognize best practices and projects in communication industry.
Romanian PR Awards
- ADIPEC Award (ADIPEC: Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference): On November 13th, 2017 OMV’s community project, “Women’s Empowerment Program in Pakistan” is awarded the ADIPEC Award in the category of Social Contribution and In-Country Value.
The ADIPEC Awards celebrate achievement and accomplishment in the oil and gas industry and recognize the leading companies, individuals, initiatives, projects and technologies which have displayed a level of excellence on an international scale.
Women’s s Empowerment Program
- New Zealand Petroleum Awards: OMV New Zealand won in the category “Excellence in Community Partnership and Engagement” with the project “Healthy Homes”. The Healthy Homes project was implemented in New Zealand with the aim to support the low income families by providing insulation, water proofing and energy solutions to more than 200 homes in the Taranaki district. After the rehabilitation works the homes became warmer, healthier and more energy efficient. Additionally, the project has supported the creation of local jobs and helped the most vulnerable people from the surrounding community.
- New Zealand Petroleum Awards: OMV New Zealand also won the award for “Exceptional Health, Safety and Environmental Leadership“ for the installation of an offshore oil recovery skimmer in the Maari Field in June 2016.
- International CSR Excellence Awards: OMV Group was awarded Silver and Bronze in the categories “Volunteering” and “Initiatives” with the projects “School Workshops” and “ Austria is looking for the Technikqueens”, respectively. The International CSR Excellence awards recognize responsible, caring companies that are in a position to help those who depend on them for their livelihoods, and others less fortunate.
- The International Business Awards (Stevies): OMV Group awarded with Bronze in the category “Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year in Asia” with the project “ Women’s Empowerment in Pakistan”. The Stevie Award Competitions were created in 2002 to recognize accomplishments and contributions of companies and business people worldwide.
- SABRE Awards EMEA: OMV Petrom awarded Gold in the category “The Balkans (Geographic categories)” with the project “Romania Meseriasa-campaign for supporting vocational education in Romania”. The SABRE Awards recognize superior achievement in Branding, Reputation & Engagement.
- Romanian CSR Awards: OMV Petrom winner in two categories, “Education” and “CSR Internal Campaigns” with the projects “ Romania Meseriasa-campaign for supporting vocational education in Romania” and “Volunteering in OMV Petrom”, respectively. The “Romanian Corporate Social Responsibility Awards“ are pricing responsible and sustainable business practices.
- Most admired Business Women Awards: OMV Petrom won in the category “Most Ardent Business Sustainability Advocate” for its overall activity. The Most Admired Business Women Awards recognize the successes of women in business.
- Wall-Street Gala – People and business that change Romania: OMV Petrom winner in the category “Investment in Romania’s future” for its overall activity.
- Architecture Conference & Expo: OMV Petrom won in the category “Community Recognition“ with the project “ Community Resource Center in Boldești-Scăeni”.
- OMV awarded at “International CSR Excellence Awards” for projects OMV Libya Youth Center, Women’s Empowerment in Pakistan, International Petroleum Academy Leoben Mentoring and Employees engagement.
- OMV awarded at “Medienzukunftspreis” for project “Austria is looking for the Technikqueens“.
- OMV awarded at “Trigos Preis” in the category “Best Partnership“ for Hilfswerk cooperation.
- OMV awarded at “Oliver Kinross Africa Oil & Gas Award 2014“ for project Libya Youth Centre.
- OMV awarded at “European Excellence Award 2014“ for OMV Petrom Community Involvement Report 2013.
- OMV awarded at “PR Daily´s 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Awards“ for OMV Petrom Volunteering Championship.
- OMV awarded at “Oil Field Magazine Award“ for project Skills to Succeed Tataouine.
- OMV awarded at “IPRA Golden World Awards“ for project Made in Andrei´s Country (OMV Petrom).
- OMV project Tataouine awarded "Oliver Kinross Africa Oil & Gas Award 2013".
- Andrei’s Country awarded "Best Online Community in Europe" award.
- Prize for OMV Libya Youth Center – 2nd place at ADIPEC Awards
- The Libya Youth Center, one of the many initiatives which are realized within OMVs sustainability program Resourcefulness was awarded second place of 170 sustainability projects worldwide at the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC), one of the most important upstream conferences.
- OMV ranked No.1 in the Sustainability ranking (category "Big Player") of the Austria’s Leading Companies (ALC) Award. The Award evaluates the business and sustainability performance of Austrian companies.
- OMV was ranked on position 56 of 100 companies in Corporate Knights "2012 Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the World" ranking.
2012 Global 100 Most Sustainable Companies in the World , (www.corporateknights.com)
- OMV Group received the Austrian Sustainability Reporting Award (ASRA 2011) – first place in the category "large companies" – for the OMV Sustainability Report 2010. The jury recognized the joint publication of the Sustainability Report and Annual Report with aligned contents and layout, prepared for the different stakeholder groups. The OMV Sustainability Report was found to be well structured based on the materiality of topics, with good references to additional online content.
- The Platts Global Energy Award in the category “Community Development Program of the Year“ went to OMV Pakistan for its sustainable development projects with maximum local community involvement and ownership.
- OMV garnered an Austrian Supply Excellence Award for "PEPE", its program to improve the Group’s procurement structure and strengthen sustainable supply chain management. The purchasing managers at Austria’s top 500 companies voted OMV Senior Vice President for Procurement Stefan Wagenhofer "Supply Chain Manager of the Year".
- OMV Petrom won the DuPont Safety Award in the category Sustainable Business Impact for the Refining Business Unit "Improvement of Safety Culture" project. The award honors workplace safety enhancements and accident prevention in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- OMV was awarded third place in the Sustainability Report category of the Austrian Annual Report Awards (AAA), organized by the Austrian business magazine “trend“.
- B&P Braun & Partners, a CSR consultancy in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), put OMV at the top of a list of 100 companies covered in its "CSR 24/7 Rating", which assesses CSR performance of the largest CEE companies based on published information, accountability standards, GRI indicators and UN Global Compact principles. OMV Petrom was ranked 13th in the regional list and first among Romanian companies.
- OMV took third place in the Large Corporations category at the “Austrian Sustainability Reporting Awards“ (ASRA), organized by the Austrian Chamber of Accountants and Auditors.
- OMV was nominated for the “Austrian State Prize for Public Relations“ in the Image PR and Overall categories for its OMV Move & Help project to promote reading ("Mit Lesen mehr bewegen").
- The OMV Move & Help reading project was nominated for a “European Excellence Award“ in the Switzerland and Austria category. The awards are hosted by the magazine “ Communication Director“.
- OMV was ranked 5th in the annual CSR ranking compiled by the “Center for Corporate Citizenship Austria“ (CCC-A).
- OMV was included in the "Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World". The annual list was announced at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
- OMV won a "TRIGOS" award for its hepatitis B vaccination and prevention project in Pakistan. "TRIGOS" awards are given to Austrian companies for exceptional achievements in the field of corporate responsibility.
- OMV ranked 2nd in the first annual CSR ranking compiled by the“ Center for Corporate Citizenship Austria“ (CCC-A).