- Country: Hungary
- Partners: Lola and Pukás Peti, the famous Hungarian singers are ambassdors of the project
- OMV Focus Area: Community Relations and Development
- Supported UN Sustainable Development Goals: 4 – Quality education
- Support inclusive and equitable quality education in Hungary
- Increase the interest in reading for children
The “Everyone reads with us” initiative started in 2013 as part of OMV Hungary’s corporate social responsibility program. The two famous Hungarian singers Lola and Peti Puskás are ambassadors of this project. The program is designed for interested young pupils to participate in elementary school musicals as well as literature reading sessions.
The project consists of a book collection campaign, which is held in more than 180 filling stations all over Hungary.
During the book collection OMV Hungary regularly welcomes book donations from its customers. A selection of these books is delivered to the school libraries that host the reading sessions for the pupils, supported by the ambassadors Lola and Peti Puskás.
In 2016 the initiative organizers implemented a nationwide OMV Reading research project. The goal of the survey, that was launched based on inquiries from parents, is to understand what reading means for today´s elementary school pupils, with which regularity they read, and what types of books they read on their own or with their parents, as well as where and how they get in contact with literature.