UN Global Compact
By signing up to the UN Global Compact (UNGC), OMV has committed itself to implementing the ten UNGC principles on human rights, labor rights, the environment and anti-corruption. The OMV Code of Conduct sets forth clear rules of behavior in accordance with the UNGC. Its principles guide OMV’s behavior toward its internal and external stakeholders and serve as the basis for many other of our policies and guidelines, such as our Business Ethics Directive.
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labor; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
Regulations and Directives
Beyond the OMV Code of Conduct, the Group upholds a series of self-imposed obligations based on both internal and external standards. OMV regulations for the management of sustainability and business ethics across the Group are contained in a series of directives and standards. Some business segments and sites have established their own specific complementary guidelines and procedures in addition.
Sustainability Report 2017 (PDF, 6,6 MB)
Code of Conduct (PDF, 8,0 MB)
OMV Statement against modern slavery and human trafficking (PDF, 631,0 KB)
Human Rights Policy Statement (PDF, 148,5 KB)
OMV Water Ambition Statement (PDF, 2,9 MB)