Hydrogen is the key to unlocking the future of transport. With the investment decision taken together with Kommunalkredit AG to build a 10 MW electrolysis plant at the Schwechat refinery, we have laid the foundation for hydrogen production. We also look forward to working with Austrian Post to further develop commercially viable solutions for hydrogen use in heavy-duty transport, thereby contributing to carbon emission reduction.
Hydrogen: the energy technology of the future
Hydrogen plays a central role in energy technology for achieving climate targets and reducing carbon emissions.
How does a hydrogen filling station work?
At a hydrogen filling station, you count in kilograms, not liters. However, what is familiar is the refueling process itself: Open the filler cap, insert the filler neck and press start. The car is filled up in about three minutes. So in terms of time and effort, it's almost identical to gasoline or diesel.
Overview OMV hydrogen filling stations
More related information
- OMV and Post sign MoU for green hydrogen in heavy goods transport
- OMV and Kommunalkredit invest in green hydrogen production
- What makes hydrogen green?
- Firing up future mobility – with the perfect mix
- Tomorrow’s mobility: Driving the future
- Ready, steady, hydrogen – on the road in a hydrogen car