OMV operates a filling station network with around 1680 filling stations in eight countries (incl. OMV, Avanti, FE-Trading and Petrom). OMV is positioned with a multi-brand strategy in Austria and Romania. The company is opting for a quality-based strategy with the brand OMV and VIVA World of Convenience, while the brands Avanti and FE-Trading (AT) round off the filling station portfolio with a discounter concept. In the filling station and client business OMV focuses on the markets where integration of supply is guaranteed through its own refineries.
Services at the filling stations
In addition to fuels and lubricants, auto car washes and the VIVA World of Indulgence, OMV clients also have access to a wide range of additional sevices – such as different banking functions from country to country, insurance services, selling tickets to events, or postal services. In addition, the OMV Card brings a wide range of benefits. The OMV Card with Routex function is now accepted in over 20.000 filling stations in 32 countries. As of 2017 OMV, Avanti and FE Trading became officially the largest filling station network in Austria.
VIVA World of Indulgence
The VIVA World of Indulgence stands for convenient choice for shop and freshly prepeared food & drinks on the go. Around 475 OMV filling stations throughout the whole of Central Europe now have a VIVA Shop.
Select a country for detailed local information
- 1991 OMV becomes the first filling station brand to offer petrol with lead replacement at every location
- 1997 Opening of the first natural gas station (CNG) in Austria
- 2000 First sulfur-free fuel in Austria: OMV Super Plus “iMotion” petrol
- 2002 Production of sulfur-free diesel in Burghausen Refiner (Bavaria) as the first refinery in Germany to do so
- 2003 Opening of the world’s first Ad-Bluepilot filling station in Bavaria
- 2004 From January 1 all fuels at Austrian OMV filling stations are sulfur-free First Austrian OMV AdBlue filling stations in Austria and the Czech Republic
- 2005 First AdBlue filling stations in Romania, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia and Italy; Introduction of Sprint Diesel
- 2006 First Biogas pump in Austria
- 2011 Market launch of new perfomance fuel OMV MaxxMotion
- 2012 First Austrian hydrogen filling station in Vienna; Sales of the filling station network in Bosnia Herzegovina
- 2013 Sale of the filling station network in Croatia
- 2015 Launch of VIVA Cafe
- 2017 Sale of Petrol Ofisi and the related filing station network in Turkey