OMV and Montanuniversität Leoben established a partnership in 2014, when the International Petroleum Academy was founded. Its goal is to pass on sound knowledge and expertise in the oil and gas industry and to attract excellent graduates to OMV.
The cooperation is an important cornerstone of the success of today's energy industry. Together, we link theory and practice in interdisciplinary projects, delivering management, business and communication skills as well as an awareness for safety, social and ecological issues.
Get ready for one of the biggest challenges of our time: supplying the energy for the future!
The Montanuniversität Leoben offers a cutting edge Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering, which combines practical experience and theory in interdisciplinary projects. The program focuses on the technical area of Petroleum Engineering with the option of specializing in Drilling Engineering, Production Engineering or Reservoir Engineering.
In addition, a new double degree Master program on “Advanced Well Construction and Operation Technology” between Gubkin University in Moscow and Montanuniversität Leoben (MUL) is offered. Graduates have the possibility to earn 2 degrees.
The application period for the Master program starting 2020/2021 will start in December 2019.
- Completed or completing Bachelor’s degree program in Petroleum Engineering or an equivalent technical Bachelor’s program in Engineering
- Planning to start Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering in the 2018/19 winter semester
- Solid academic achievements in the chosen course of study to date
- CV and Cover letter
- Proof of completion of your Bachelor’s degree or information about any exams pending
- Transcripts of records
- Close industry contact throughout your studies
- Support from your OMV mentor
- Guidance and support for Bachelor, Master’s and PhD thesis
- University tuition fees, paid in full
- Funding for additional educational expenses (€ 150 for books per semester etc.)
- Allowance for living costs, meals (€ 490 per month)
- Accommodation expenses (€ 340 per month)
- Travel expenses for international students
- No obligation to pay back