As an integrated European supplier, we cover every aspect of the gas value chain. The diversity of our supply sources and our services coupled with over 60 years of experience ensure the reliability our customers need.
We’re committed to gas
That's why we sell gas directly to leading companies from industry and commerce as well as distributors and energy producers in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria and Hungary. They rely on OMV's professional advice and decades of expertise. OMV Petrom and OMV Enerji Ticaret cover the Romanian and Turkish gas-market, respectively.
Custom-fit, partnership-based & perfect solutions
Thanks to our many years of experience in sales, trading, logistics and procurement, we offer products that precisely meet the needs of our customers.
Basis for this are:
- Access to diversified and long-term supply sources
- Access to domestic production
- Transport capacities on main transport routes
- Storage capacities
- Trading expertise
- Geopolitical position within Europe
- Utilizing the Baumgarten gas hub to optimize the portfolio|
From the wellhead to the customer
OMV is active along the entire value chain:
- The OMV GAS supply portfolio consists of equity gas, long-term supply contracts with reliable partners and LNG. More
- OMV GAS owns a regasification plant with a capacity of 3 bcm per year and the associated transport and storage capacities at the Gate LNG Terminal near Rotterdam Our LNG-Team trades LNG on a spot basis and builds the LNG portfolio with producer and supplier agreements.
- Gas always needs to be in the right place at the right time and in the right amount. Ensuring seamless, uninterrupted gas supply thereby requires a great deal of flexibility in order to balance out any climate-related, geopolitical or production fluctuations. The professional energy management provided by the OMV GAS logistics team ensures that the gas is always available precisely when it is needed. More
- The OMV GAS Portfoliomanagement bundles all the essential information for optimizing our assets and securing the gas supply. Furthermore, Portfoliomanagement forecasts our customers gas demands and reconciles it with our portfolio.
- OMV Gas Storage has many years of experience in the storage of natural gas in Austria and Germany. More
- The high quality of advice in combination with flexible product- and service solutions provide the basis for our long-term customer relationship management. Moreover, due to our extensive experience we are able to offer products fulfilling our customers’ needs. More
- Our Trading trades with natural gas, transport capacities, storage capacities and carbon dioxide certificates. As one of the most experienced companies in a complex and superior market, trading offers individual solutions and a reliable management of flexibility and price-risk to our customers. Our market analysis team provides us and our customers with valuable information about the relevant gas market developments. More
- Our business partners demand flexible models for their individual requirements and that’s precisely what we give them. Here we are constantly considering the demands of our customers and developing the customized solutions they need. More
- The voluntary offsetting of CO2 emissions is alongside with carbon reduction and prevention an integral part of the holistic approach to climate protection. OMV GAS offers you the option to compensate the CO2 emissions that results from gas consumption. The emission level is offset by purchasing and cancelling certificates that verify the reduction realized through internationally recognized climate protection projects. More
- Industrial companies and SMEs use gas in all its diversity: from the operation of steam boilers, thermal oil plants and dryers to material recycling in products. What all applications have in common is that gas should be used as efficiently and environmentally friendly as possible. Our OMV GAS Engineering Team supports you in this. More
- Wherever you are, we are there too: OMV GAS offers superregional supply to customers with multiple sites at attractive conditions, along with detailed breakdowns of the respective charges. More
Select a country for detailed local information